Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today is Just a Normal Day

...for most people. But for me, this is the day that I birthed our sweet little babe. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. People tell me all the time that it goes by fast, but you never really comprehend that saying...

I went into labor around 6pm on Sunday, January 24, 2010. Hubbs and I were hanging out at his brother's house. My SIL and I were talking about how much of a pain this child that I was carrying is, since she decided to turn at the last minute (she was breech) to avoid a previously scheduled C-Section that past Friday. All of a sudden, the contractions start! They weren't that bad at first. They really felt like my Braxton Hicks that I had been having since I was in my 23rd week of pregnancy. Finally, Hubbs decided to start timing them. Lo and behold they were about 1 minute apart! I didn't want to go into the hospital again and leave without a baby, so we decided to go home and let me rest.

We get home, and at this point I'm balling my eyes out. They hurt so bad! So, I tell hubbs to pack everything up and to rush to the hospital. They put me in triage, and start monitoring me and the baby. The nurse came back and said that there was no way I was going to be leaving here pregnant, so they checked us in. They broke my water around 6am, and I progressed pretty quickly after that. They gave me my epidural when I was 3cm dilated (about the time they broke my water). Finally, it was time to bare down push (fyi, I never pooped on the table and my epidural ran out. Let me tell you that "ring of fire" is real!). Emily Ann Jolly entered the world and changed my life forever on January 25th, 2010 at 5:35pm.

Emily, my lovely amazing daughter, you are everything to me. When you smile, I smile. When you laugh (oh how I love your laugh), I laugh. When you cry, I cry. I'm the one who bathes you, feeds you, comforts you, and protects you. You are everything I've ever wanted, and I thank God everyday for you. It is because of you that I fought so hard when I was diagnosed with PPD/Anxiety. It is on this day that I remember who I do everything for. Happy Birthday baby girl!

Today is not just a normal day.


Our first picture
My little snuggle bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Baby Bottles and Bubble Baths